Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
LIVERPOOL: Philippe Coutinho has signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool, the club have confirmed. A source has told ESPN FC that Coutinho’s new contract is a five-year deal — that lasts until 2022 — and does not include a release clause.
– Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is not surprised by his side’s drop in form in January and is confident they remain in the Premier League title race.
INTER MILAN: Former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is in line for a role with Inter Milan’s Chinese owners Suning Holdings Group, sources close to the Italian club have told ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho fears Manchester United will be forced to play their Premier League derby trip to Manchester City in a dramatic end-of-season clash at the Etihad Stadium if they progress to next month’s EFL Cup final.
– Mourinho should be inspired by the progress his Manchester United team have made — and they are “unlucky” not to be challenging Premier League leaders Chelsea, according to former manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
– Marcus Rashford was viewed in the “same category” as Paul Pogba, according to former Manchester United under-21 manager Warren Joyce.
– Eric Bailly will return from international duty early after Ivory Coast were eliminated from the African Nations Cup.
– Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny is eager to emulate ex-Gunner Thierry Henry and became a legend at the London club.
– Granit Xhaka has reportedly been questioned by police over accusations that he hurled racial abuse at an airline staff member at Heathrow Airport.
– Arsenal youngster Ben Sheaf has signed a new contract with the club, the Gunners have announced.
CHELSEA: Former Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has hailed the Antonio Conte effect after a stunning first half of the season at Stamford Bridge.
– Pep Guardiola is considering staying at Manchester City for five years, according to reports in England.
CRYSTAL PALACE: Crystal Palace have taken former Blackburn Rovers and Queens Park Rangers defender Chris Samba on trial as they weigh up a move, sources close to the club have told ESPN FC.
DORTMUND: Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel has confirmed he was not involved in the signing of Alexander Isak, but played down reports of a power struggle regarding the club’s recruitment of players.
– Bayern Munich have received a boost ahead of their Champions League tie against Arsenal after midfielder Thiago Alcantara returned to training on Tuesday and took part in the team warm-up on Wednesday.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid have called up teenage right-back Achraf Hakimi for Wednesday’s Copa del Rey quarterfinal second leg at Celta Vigo, with centre-back Raphael Varane not travelling despite coach Zinedine Zidane missing six senior players — including three defenders — through injury.
– Real Madrid’s commercial partners in six Middle Eastern countries are to use a version of the club’s crest without the Christian cross.
– Luis Enrique says Lionel Messi has evolved into the “total footballer” as he prepares his side for their Copa del Rey quarterfinal against Real Sociedad.
AC MILAN: M’Baye Niang has been left out of AC Milan’s squad for their Coppa Italia clash with Juventus on Wednesday night with coach Vincenzo Montella appearing to suggest it might be better for him to leave the club this winter.
BURNLEY: Burnley have had a bid of around £10 million for Hull City attacker Robert Snodgrass accepted and are pushing ahead with a move for Norwich’s Robbie Brady, sources close to the Lancashire club have told ESPN FC.
– Burnley are lining up a move for Hull City defender Andy Robertson, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
– Salomon Kalou has retired from international football after Ivory Coast’s shock exit from the African Nations Cup.
– Emmanuel Adebayor will return to Togo to consider his future after his country’s African Nations Cup exit, and admitted he would welcome a move back to England.
– Werder Bremen are to hold talks with Germany international Serge Gnabry in a bid to convince the former Arsenal winger that his future beyond the summer lies at the Weserstadion.
– The Colorado Rapids completed the signing of midfielder Bismark “Nana” Adjei-Boateng from Manchester City on Tuesday.
– FC Dallas cut ties with full-backs Moises Hernandez and Jose Salvatierra on Tuesday, terminating the contracts of both players.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.